Role: Head of Tree Production Unit
Location: Kiwiflora Nurseries
Kiwiflora Nurseries (2019) Ltd propagate and grow a comprehensive range of trees and shrubs for the Wholesale and Retail sector nationwide.
Situated in Templeton on 7.5 hectares Kiwiflora is in the heart of the Canterbury building boom and supplies landscapers and homeowners, as well as commercial outlets with top-quality trees and plants. Our reputation is growing and our strong, loyal client base is expanding at an exciting rate! Our clients return to us time and time again because of the excellent service and knowledge we provide, as well as offering a wide range of strong, healthy trees and plants.
We’re looking for a skilled and knowledgeable person to take us to the next level in growing large trees. Strong leadership and self-management skills are important, as well as having a ‘mucking in’ attitude to work across the nursery in varied tasks when needed.
This role has the core responsibilities of ensuring the Large Tree Production Unit runs effectively and that trees are in healthy condition and well maintained. Ensuring stock levels are adequate is also key.
- Stock Co-ordination
- Ensure trees are consistently at good stock levels
- Ensure the quality of the trees are maintained at all times
- Assist with production planning and ordering of stock for seasonal potting
- Ensure the implementation and management of tree inventory
- Identify good quality trees that are saleable in the nursery for retail sales
- Ensure good quality (pre-tagged) tree stock put forward for dispatch
- Assist with production schedules for the Tree Production Unit for the following season
- Property Maintenance
- Assist with Health & Safety
- Customer Service
- General nursery work
Key skills and attributes:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in a nursery
- Sound technical Horticultural knowledge
- Excellence customer service skills
- Ability to self-manage
- Strong leadership skills
- Willingness to take responsibility and use initiative
- Able to follow through on instructions and work independently
- Have strong time management and communication skills
- Have a willingness to learn
- Be a Team Player
- Valid Driver’s license – preferably Class 2 an advantage
- Availability to work an alternate Saturday for half a day an advantage
We are a supportive and team-focused employer that encourages work-life balance, and further education and advancement. If you feel you have the relevant experience and match the above criteria then we would love to hear from you.
Please submit your CV with cover letter.
Please view our website www.kiwiflora.co.nz
Must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit and a clean ministry of justice check.