Role: Landscape Architect
Location: Belfast, Christchurch
Landscape Architect – Full Time
We are looking for a talented landscape architect to join our team here at Southern Woods.
Reporting to the Business Development Manager and working alongside our Design & Consultancy team, this role will appeal to a landscape architect specialising in soft-landscape designs. You’ll be working on residential projects across the South Island, ensuring that our clients receive a market-leading product and excellent service.
- Further your design skills and plant knowledge.
- Residential focus, with the opportunity to work alongside our commercial projects team if desired.
- Full Time - Flexible work location and workdays.
- Great team / Forward thinking / Awesome offices overlooking our Plant Centre.
Southern Woods is a successful family-owned business located in Templeton, Christchurch. For over a generation, we’ve been supplying quality plants across New Zealand. We specialise in propagating and supplying native and exotic plants and trees through our established retail, online and trade channels.
With 50+ staff across the Nursery, you’ll have plenty of experienced team members to bounce ideas off and further your industry knowledge.
The role will involve:
- On site visits, drawing landscape plans, quoting plant supply and invoicing.
- After-sales service and follow up.
- Attending industry events with the team.
- Answering technical questions and providing solutions to clients.
- Provide occasional cover in sales and retail when required.
Skills and experience required:
- A relevant tertiary level qualification.
- A minimum of 24 months professional experience.
- People-focused. Great at communicating with staff and customers. Able to articulate ideas and come up with awesome new ones.
- A plant focus and a passion for soft landscaping. Good knowledge of plants and their place in the New Zealand environment is definitely an advantage.
- Good technical design skills. Competent on Vectorworks or a similar landscape design package. A sound understanding of project specifications and timelines.
- Experience dealing with clients and landscapers on soft landscaping projects.
- Forward-thinking, passionate and able to work in a dynamic office environment.
- Values-based. Passionate about creating natural environments for the long-term benefit of all.
What is great about working for Southern Woods?
We pride ourselves on our great Southern Woods culture, which is underpinned by our organisational values and our commitment to the environment and the local community. We are passionate about people and take pride in building teams that reflect the diversity in our communities. We will invest in your growth and empower you to take ownership of your ongoing learning and development.
Interested? How to apply.
Apply today with your CV and Cover Letter addressed to Rico Mannall - Business Development Manager.
We’re keen to have a chat with all shortlisted applicants about workplace flexibility. The role is very flexible in workdays/working location.
You must have NZ work rights and be in Christchurch to interview for this position.
You are advised to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close the process at any time once we have received sufficient applications. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible to prevent disappointment.
Applications will close at 5 PM on Thursday 10 February 2022.
You can call Rico Mannall, Business Development Manager on 027 365 6326