Role: Facilities & Site Maintenance Technician
With increasing growth across the business, we are seeking an experienced Facilities and Site Maintenance Technician. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the success of operations by delivering a high standard of grounds and site presentation and facilities management, with scope to lead machinery and vehicle servicing programmes. We are an innovative, exciting organisation with a deep focus on sustainability and performance.
Tuaropaki Trust is an exciting Māori land organisation with an asset base of over $1 billion. The Trust was formed by 297 families amalgamating their land in the 1950s. Beginning in sheep and beef farming, the Trust was an early developer of geothermal power and now has a diverse portfolio including a geothermal power station, hydrogen energy production, engineering and drilling services, native plant nursery, sustainability centre, as well as dairy, beef and sheep farming. The Trust also has investments in the US and Canada. At the core of this organisation is a desire to drive prosperity for their owners and their families, so there is a strong focus on whānau, the future and sustainability.
This is a full-time, permanent role; however, we would consider a more flexible working arrangement for the right candidate. This is a prime opportunity to join a successful organisation who put their team first. The role is based on our NGSC and Farm Sites at Mokai – a 20 minute drive from Taupo CBD.
What we are looking for:
- Proven high standard of grounds presentation, including the maintenance of laneways, lawns and fence-lines
- Proven experience in the use of maintenance equipment, mower and tractor machinery
- Weed control management, including spraying and weeding gardens
- Understanding of maintenance cycles; including carrying out checks of buildings, guttering and storm water system to ensure maintenance is scheduled
- Knowledge of recycling and refuse management an advantage
- Understanding the set-up and maintenance of irrigation systems
- Experience maintaining and implementing pest control strategies including working with bait stations
- Good verbal and written communication and basic computer skills are essential to keep up-to-date and accurate records
- Growsafe and work at heights certification would be an advantage
- Able to use initiative and work unsupervised
- Trustworthy, conscientious and a good team player
- Willingness to learn new skills and undertake training
- We are a living wage employer and recognise the importance of ensuring the health, safety and wellbeing of our people. As part of our commitment to wellbeing, all employees must comply with the Drug and Alcohol Policy, which includes pre-employment, reasonable cause and random drug testing in Safety Sensitive work areas.
How to apply:
Perhaps you are already in the region or maybe you are looking to make the move for a better life style? To take advantage of this exciting opportunity to join our team click on Apply for this job and include your CV showing your skills and experience. Tuaropaki Trust is here for future generations and they are ready for people who are keen to join them on that journey.
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa. To interview at any of our sites, you are required to be double vaccinated and complete a site access form in advance of your interview.
Applications close on January 28th.