Role: Nursery Operations Manager
Twining Valley Nurseries is located in the foothills of the Hunua ranges, and is ideally situated within the Auckland - Hamilton - Tauranga golden triangle. We are an innovative, family-run business that takes great pride in our products, our work environment and our valued team.
This is a hands-on role, working alongside our knowledgable and dedicated staff. With an eye for detail, a broad range of skills and sound organisational ability, this role will suit an experienced horticulturalist looking for something a little different.
Ideally, the applicant will
- have a relevant tertiary qualification in a horticultural or a related field
- have proven operational site and people management experience
- have a good understanding of the operation of irrigation systems
- be Approved Handler certified
- be tech-savvy and have good record-keeping ability
- have a good work ethic and ability to manage time efficiently
- have innovative ideas and be able to help shape business strategies with the owners
- enjoy the achievement of growing products to a high standard
Initially, your responsibilities will be managing all aspects of plant production and dispatch, and include
- supervision of staff
- pest monitoring and plant diagnostics
- overseeing crop protection spraying
- staff training
- record-keeping and nursery compliance
- Health and Safety risk management
- day planning
- support in other areas of our nursery, maintenance, and customer care.
We look forward to speaking to interested individuals and are open to developing a tailored job description.
Hours are 8-5 Monday to Thursday and 8-2 pm Fridays.
Please email your cover letter and CV to email@example.com
Applicants must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.