Role: Plant Sales & Administration
Van Lier Nurseries is a family-owned business that grows commercial cut flowers and indoor pot plants. With 50+ years in the industry, Van Liers has a passion to provide its customers with excellent quality products and services.
This is an exciting opportunity for an organised, self-motivated and adaptable team player who loves plants!
Take a look at the job description below. As we are looking for a best fit, even if you don’t tick all of the boxes, we would like to hear from you. Please send through your CV, you might be just who we are looking for.
About the role
We are currently seeking an experienced Sales and Administration team member. This role is a full-time position working each week, from Monday to Friday.
With our new glasshouse expansion complete we are looking for someone to co-ordinate the smooth communication, sales and dispatch of pot plants under our brand Lifestyle Botanics. If you are looking for an opportunity to shine and manage administration tasks that support the smooth functioning of this department, we would love to hear from you.
Main responsibilities, tasks, and duties:
- Co-ordinate the weekly pot plant trade list and sales.
- Communicate with propagation team as to available stock.
- Set up the email out and stock in the website.
- Co-ordinate with couriers regarding freight and large dispatches.
- Receive all orders for plants, via phone, email and website, and enter into the system.
- Respond to customer enquiries regarding pot plant issues.
- Invoice weekly orders.
- Co-ordinate collect orders.
- Help manage indent customer orders.
- Co-Ordinate cut flower propagation orders from start to finish.
- Provide support to the rest of the office during busy periods.
Preference will be given to candidates who can display the following skills and attributes:
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high quality.
- High attention to detail and accuracy, along with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent customer service.
- Adept in using MS Office particularly Word and Excel.
- Innovative problem-solver who can generate workable solutions and resolve complaints.
- Experience with Dynamics 365 Business Central is a bonus, full training will be given to the successful applicant.