Role: Entry Level Nursery Worker
We are Van Lier Nurseries, a 100% family-owned and operated business. Our mission is to grow New Zealand's finest flowers & plants for Florists and Wholesalers around the country. We are looking for someone to be a part of our busy vibrant team within a growing company at our Riverhead branch.
Main responsibilities, tasks, and duties may include, but aren't limited to:
- Preparing Plant Media
- Selecting Cuttings for plant propagation
- Plant Cuttings & Tissue Culture
- Picking, sorting, bunching & packaging flowers for sales, while monitoring quality
- Fertilising, weeding, pruning & maintaining plants
- Assist in the mixing & spraying of plants with dedicated spray gear & equipment.
- Watering of plants via environmental computer & testing of PH & EC Levels
- Assist with weekend picking when required as per the staff roster.
- Ensure that your work and working environment complies with OSH standards.
- Physical - Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as heavy lifting, bending & handling of materials. The ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and body.
- Teamwork – A resourceful team player who excels at building trusting relationships with work colleagues.
- Communication - High attention to detail and accuracy, along with excellent communication skills.
This position requires working in high temperatures during the summer months inside the glasshouses. Most of the working day will involve standing, crouching, reaching and lifting.
To be considered for this role you will need to be physically fit, have a positive attitude, a willingness to learn and have the ability to work with minimum supervision.
If you fill the above criteria and are interested in the position please apply through Seek.
The applicant applying must be present in NZ and be either a citizen, resident or hold a current work visa.