Role: Mixing Plant Operator
Location: Belfast, Christchurch
We’re all about growing amazing, strong plants. Will you join us?
At Zealandia Horticulture we take great pride in our quality plants, sustainability practices, and our incredible diverse and inclusive workforce.
We’re looking for a self-motivated, full-time growing media Mixing Plant Operator for our modern Radcliffe Road facility in Belfast, Christchurch.
No experience necessary – full training provided.
Monday – Friday 7.30am - 4pm with flexibility to work additional hours during the peak season
The position requires:
- A positive, energetic attitude towards work
- Physically fit for manual handling
- Ability to communicate and work well with others in a team
- Drivers license
- Forklift license (not essential - training can be provided)
- Able to self-manage and work with limited supervision
- Basic numeracy skills
- Flexibility to work some additional hours incl. some weekends
- Own transport to get to work
The Mixing Plant Operator is responsible for the preparation and accurate mixing of various growing media using the latest technology. Lifting of 25kg sacks and some forklift driving is required (license not essential, full training provided). They will also assist the General Nursery team when not engaged in mixing plant duties. Would suit someone with an interest in horticulture.
What we offer in return:
- Training – learn some key horticultural skills
- Great people and a strong team culture. We care about our people as much as our plants
- Work for a sustainability conscious industry leader in a modern, technologically advanced facility
A little about us……
Zealandia Horticulture supplies the whole of Aotearoa with top quality bedding plants, potted colour ornamentals, houseplants, and a wide variety of vegetables that end up in our supermarkets and dinner tables!
For more information on our company, how we give back to the community, our strong culture, or sustainability practices, please visit www.zealandia.co.nz or call Roma on (03) 323-9898 for a chat.
Complete the application form on our website www.zealandia.co.nz and attach your cover letter or CV.
We look forward to hearing from you!