Role: Seeding Line Machine Operator
We’re all about growing amazing, strong plants. Will you join us?
Zealandia is a veteran of 80+ years in New Zealand horticulture with 5 sites spread around the country. We’re continuously improving all we do and embrace the best technology from around the world.
The primary responsibility involves operating several types of seeding line machines (automatic tray sowing machine) and is suited to a motivated individual that enjoys working to a high level of accuracy, strong motivation to get the job done and to be part of a strong performing close team. Hours worked, are Monday to Friday 7am – 4pm. Seasonal needs will increase hours from 40 hours per week up to 55 hours per week. Occasional hours in the weekend are required. We provide full training so no prior experience necessary.
Key tasks include:
• Working the seeding machines to specific production timeframes
• Ensuring work is of a high quality with minimal wastage
• Ensuring the seeding department is kept clean and tidy
• Working in other areas of the nursery system including production, plant care, and preparation of product for dispatch
• Participate in watering schedules and crop monitoring as required
• Attention to detail and good dexterity, you will be working with tiny seedlings!
• Must be able to adapt quickly to changes in the production schedule
• Ability to multitask and a have flexible attitude towards duties
• Clear and decisive communication skills
• Ability to pick up new skills quickly
• Have the mindset to troubleshoot and problem solve
• Fulltime employment within a well-established New Zealand company
• Competitive remuneration, stability of hours and paid in upwards of 40 hours per week
• A modern nursery facility continuously investing in new technologies and systems to optimise growing conditions
Please complete the application form by going directly to the Zealandia website https://www.zealandia.co.nz/employment/
If you have any questions, please call (03) 323-9898.